Friday, August 22, 2014

Blog Post #1

What About EDM310?
Question mark clipart

1. What are the things (if any) you have heard about EDM310?
Before I started this course, EDM310, I did not hear anything about it. Perhaps that is because I did ask anyone about it nor was I worried. However, my nerves started to kick in and questions began to bubble around my brain the moment I walked out of the first class session. "What have I got myself into" I thought. That is when I began to hear things about the class. I asked my friends that have taken the class already and they all said that I will be very busy with the work required and that it is extremely time consuming. I was also told that I will do just fine as long as I stay on top of everything and finish all assignments on time.

2. What fears (if any) do you have about EDM310?
My biggest fear for EDM310 is that I will fail. However, I know that I can do well if I am determined and willing to learn. I can certainly not be a procrastinator and I must work diligently. Being able to balance my school work, work hours, and personal life will be difficult at times, but I know that this class and all of the hard work I put fourth into it will not hurt me but only help me in the long run.

3. Compare and contrast EDM310 with other courses you have taken in college or high school.
I was never required to take a class like EDM310 in high school because nothing like this was ever offered. If my school would have offered it though, having some prior experience with a class and work load similar to what is required in EDM310 would have been such a helpful benefit.

4. What do you think will be the most difficult thing for you in EDM310?
The most difficult thing that I know I will struggle with while in EDM310 will definitely be time management. Procrastination is the enemy and I am so used to it creeping up on me. Trying to find the balance between having a part time job, 16 hours in school, personal life, as well as school work will be a huge challenge.

5. What is the best way for you to address this “most difficult” aspect of EDM310?
The best solution for anyone worried about time management is simply to make a schedule and to cut back on extra curricular activities. For instance, for anyone like myself that loves to watch movies, watching less will be ideal. Cutting back on things that are not so important will really help open free time to work on assignments in EDM310. Also, anyone who is struggling should never procrastinate!

6. What questions do you still have about EDM310? What ideas do you have about how to address those questions?
The question I am currently wondering about is whether or not we have to buy any type of book for this class. In order to address this simple question all I have to do is ask my EDM310 teacher.

1 comment:

  1. Very good job at answering all the questions. There is a book for this course, it is listed in the syllabus! Good luck this semester, you will do great! Like you said, manage your time good and you will be fine.

    ReplyDelete