Friday, September 5, 2014

Blog Post #3

How Can You Provide Meaningful Feedback to Your Peers?
Group of students helping eachother by peer editing

1. Do the following after you read Paige Ellis' Blog Assignment #12 (Fall 2011)
a.) Watch the video, What is Peer Editing? Keep in mind that there will be no assignment or quiz as stated in the video presentation. This short video offers clear, simple advice on how to edit
effectively.
b.) View the slideshow, Peer Edit With Perfection Tutorial
c.) Watch the humorous video, Writing Peer Review Top 10 Mistakes. Don’t be a Mean Margaret or a Picky Patty!

After reading Paige Ellis' blog post, watching all of the videos, and viewing the slide show, I must say I leaned a few things. I really liked how Paige was able to do her post. She was able to demonstrate how peers can properly go about critiquing another peer's work without causing any sort of embarrassment. I loved how in both videos and in the slideshow a very important key element was being positive when peer editing. It is like that is the butter of peer editing, without it the outcome might not be as good and can end bitter. Being positive and providing compliments is definitely an important factor.

I understand that peer editing can be difficult sometimes because I was even a little nervous about it at first. I just would hate for someone to think that I am being a mean Margaret or picky Patty. I know that it is never acceptable nor necessary to hurt someone's feelings while peer editing. I strive to only provide positive feedback and to uplift a fellow classmate while I am peer editing by staying positive and complimenting them on the good qualities of their work.

2 comments:

  1. Very well organized, and right on the spot when talking about the outside sources we were to use. I've always been nervous about peer reviewing because I would hate to hurt someones feelings, and make them feel as if their work isn't good enough. All together this post is great!

    ReplyDelete