Sunday, September 14, 2014

Project #4 C4T

C4T Comments4Teachers - Project #4

Summary of The Fischbowl by Karl Fisch C4T

The first blog post of The Fischbowl, by Karl Fisch that I read and left a comment on is "Leadership is a Choice, Not a Rank." This post contains a video of a speaker named Simon Sinek and the video is one of TED Talk. I enjoyed watching this video a lot. His key focus in this bog post is to provide sources that discuss trusting leaders, and explain the importance of having leaders that can be trusted and those leaders being able to trust us in return. He states, "I think that may be one of the two or three core problems in education right now."
I left this comment on "Leadership is a Choice, Not a Rank": "Awesome blog post. I do not watch or listen to inspirational speakers that often, nor have i heard of "Ted" and Simon Sinek, however, I enjoyed this video. Trusting others is certainly something people struggle with and having more trust within relationships and in the workplace can be a positive attribute."

The second blog post of The Fischbowl, by Karl Fisch that I read and left a comment on is "The Textbook Is Not The Curriculum." This blog post was created to inform and explain how he does not agree with how Littleton Public Schools Board is handling the matter of Agile Mind "Curriculum" (that is how the letter categorizes it, but is not a curriculum). His daughter is a ninth grader enrolled in Algebra at Arapahoe High School that is currently using Agile Mind materials. She, as well as other students were all sent home with a letter regarding the students to be able to partake in a survey regarding Agile Mind. Karl Fisch is not allowing his daughter to be involved with the survey and I do not blame him.
I left this comment on "The Textbook Is Not The Curriculum": "Hello Karl, my name is Kela Miller and I am a student at South Alabama. I am currently enrolled in EDM310 and I have been working on my blog, http://millerkelaedm310.blogspot.com/ . I must say that as a father and educator you are a prime example of someone who cares. I can tell that you want the best for your daughter and for the schools by reading this post."



No comments:

Post a Comment