Thursday, October 2, 2014

Blog Post #7

How do we all become learners?

How to make an audio QR Code. (6:23) by: Michele Bennett, GSES

This video shows step by step instruction to creating a QE Code. I always see QR Codes but I have actually never used one before or even simply scanned one before. I often wondered what they were and what exactly do the do. I think using QR Codes can be a very unique tool to use within the classroom and I think the students would be very excited to make them. Anything that makes a student's work different and special, such as this with their own voice, will make them feel very prod of their work. This can be used as a great tool for students to read and learn how to read because they can follow along in books and see the words as they are listening.

Ginger Tuck, GSES Kindergarten – iPad Centers (2:23)
iPad in the Reading Center:


What a cool way to help students learn! I think this is a very useful tool for teachers to use in the classroom. I think that this particular method for helping students learn will be fairly easy to use and also to instruct. Like Ginger Tuck says in the video, "It's no work."

Poplet as a Center (4:07) Ginger Tuck

Poplet is a new term for me. I have always been taught to create webs. This looks like it would be very fun for students to create and a useful tool to encourage students to work well well together. This type of activity can be very useful for students to use to study for tests as well. Poplets can also be printed and hung on the walls for students to see their creations and help them to remember certain subjects and/or lessons.

Alabama Virtual Library as a Kindergarten Center (4:02)

This center really introduces the concept of researching subjects to young students. This type of activity and using the AVL website can bring an endless supply of independent learning. Students can get on and learn almost anything about the subjects taught within the classroom. I love the idea of having worksheets for the students to fill out by drawing pictures and writing sentences demonstrating what they have learned. This makes for a great independent study center.

Mrs. Shirley’s 1st Grade Class: How to use and build a Board in DE for a Project Based Lesson (7:38)

This seems to be an activity that students can work on independently and collaboratively. I am still not very sure what all you can do with Board Builder just from watching this video but from what I learned while watching it also seems like a very useful tool for teachers to use inside of their classrooms. This is definitely something that I have no prior experience with and I hope that I am able to learn more about building Boards in my years at South in the education program.

Mrs. Tassin’s 2nd Grade Class
1. Students Sharing Board Builders (1:29)

2. Student’s Sharing Board Builder (2:34)

In the first video I think the two young boys were shy but very, very proud to show what they had made for the video. Anytime a student or students are able to make something I do believe it makes the learning process so much more fun and interesting and it gives the children to really engage into what they are learning about.

Oh the little girls in the second video are just precious. They certainly are proud and confident with their Board. With watching this video I was able to really see and undertand better what Board Builder is. This is a great tool for teachers to use in the classroom with students and I will certainly love to use it when I have a classroom full of digital learners!

Using iMovie and the Alabama Virtual Library in Kindergarten July 7, 2014 (8:05)

The excitement that Dr. Strange, Elizabeth Davis from Daphne Elementary, and Michele Bennett from Gulf Shores Elementary, is so encouraging to students like myself. It makes me excited as well to know that I will be a part of teaching young students how to use and embrace technology as well as all of which it has to offer. To know that students as young as 5 and 6 years old are using and doing almost the exact same thing that I, a 21 year old senior in college, is doing is just amazing.

We All Become Learners (7:18)

Michele Bennett is so excited and proud to be a part of this type of education. You can really tell that all three teachers love their job and are proud of what they do. It is awesome to watch teachers collaborate and discuss what their students and schools are being able to accomplish with the use of technology and applying project base learning.

Elementary students using a laptop

No comments:

Post a Comment